Take your curriculum and shop here for ways to manage and organize your classroom as well as jazz it up with new teaching strategies.

Search

Monday, January 19, 2009

Calling Parents

Calling parents is extremely important to the success of your classroom. Always keep parents informed and make them part of your team. Do not be afraid to call parents; they want their child to be successful just as much as you do. It is very important to keep good records on your students and I have enclosed a form that I have used to document home contacts. Calling home should be done as soon as problems arise; do not wait until you have to write the referral or call for administrative assistance. I would also recommend that if you tell a child that on the next offense you will be calling home, you document this action on your calling sheet so you can share the lead up incident with the parents as well. I kept one sheet for each child in a notebook in alphabetical order. I always had all the information I needed at my finger tips.


Example

Click here to get the original Word document

To get files related to this article please email me at smmcnamee@comcast.net
If your computer does not have a program that allows you to click and send email then cut and paste my address into your own email program.

For more Classroom Management Tips go to the Classroom Management Tips Page.

0 Comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Counter

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP