Take your curriculum and shop here for ways to manage and organize your classroom as well as jazz it up with new teaching strategies.

Search

Monday, August 3, 2009

Classroom Management Tip #2: Plan for Student Success

Students like to know what is expected of them in your classroom and what they have to do to be successful. Successful students do not cause problems in the classroom and thus the more successful students you have the less problems you will have. Tell your students up front what they need to do to get a good grade and hold them to it. In my classroom I called my plan for success the “Five Steps to an A or a B.” I gave the plan to the students in writing and those steps in the plan were the subject of many student conferences as well as parent phone calls and conferences. For example: Johnny is a very nice boy but does not follow step one on the plan for success in my classroom. He needs to come to school everyday; how can we make this happen? Below you will find ready made cards like the ones I gave my students when I was a classroom teacher. Use mine or create your own plan for success.

Look for future classroom management tips to help you start off school.



To download these pictures click on the slide show, in the resulting window right click on the image and select "save picture as".

To get files related to this article please email me at smmcnamee@comcast.net

If your computer does not have a program that allows you to click and send email then cut and paste my address into your own email program.
 
For more Classroom Management Tips go to the Classroom Management Tips Page.

0 Comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Blog Counter

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP